The CNRS Foundation
©La Caz'A Productions
The CNRS Foundation contributes directly or indirectly to the development and promotion of the CNRS (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique), in all areas corresponding to its missions, as well as scientific research and technology, in France and internationally.
To this end, the CNRS Foundation has adopted an action plan to promote ambitious and free research:
The Foundation is developing its activities around corporate, individual and major donor sponsorship in order to :
- Build a scientific awards policy for researchers
- Enhance the technological capacities of laboratories
- Develop the attractiveness of new talents and help them flourish, by financing significant installation grants.
- Fund theses on fundamental, exploratory and risky subjects
- Financing high-stakes research projects.
The CNRS Foundation is a sheltering foundation. It thus offers the possibility of creating sheltered foundations or foundations under aegis. The CNRS Foundation carries the legal status for 1 OCEAN’s founders, and relieves them of administrative and management burdens, enabling them to devote themselves solely to supporting the causes they have chosen.